For over 30 years NEA, the national fuel poverty charity, has offered an extensive range of qualifications, training courses and educational resources to cover key issues associated with fuel poverty, fuel debt, affordable warmth and delivering practical energy efficiency advice.
What is Fuel Poverty? is a free online training course developed by NEA on behalf of the All-Party Parliamentary Fuel Poverty & Energy Efficiency Group (FPEEG). NEA also provides the secretariat for the Group.
The course will be of benefit to MPs, MSPs, AMs, MLAs, councillors and parliamentary/ward surgery staff and will:
- Explain the causes of fuel poverty
- Outline current national policies
- Outline the key differences between the UK nations
- Classify the national measures of fuel poverty and various indicators of identifying a fuel poor households
- Outline the potential health, social and economic impacts
- Identify assistance and advice-giving agencies
This training course meets the ISO 9001 quality standards.